Wedding season is coming up, and whether you are the magical bride herself, the Mother-of-the Bride, the soon-to-be Mother-in-Law, or a delighted wedding guest, that healthy, smooth, taught and glowing skin is what we all strive towards.
The most important tip is to start looking after your skin as soon as possible, and to do the right things at the right time. For example, deep chemical exfoliations shouldn’t really be done when the sun is out, likewise, reconditioning skin shouldn’t really be done when it’s really hot. Timing is everything, and the right advice is paramount to achieving a healthy skin.
Although weddings tend to be a little bit more spread out across the year – we can’t avoid the flurry of weddings during the summer season. So, now would be the time to start that face and body prepping! Like all good things, timing is everything!
We believe that the key to most smooth and unified complexions is the right exfoliation. As mentioned above, if the skin is in need of deep exfoliation, it’s also imperative to treat it during the months where the sun still isn’t too strong, which in the UK, would mean any month apart from June, July and August, unfortunately. This is because the sun sensitises the skin, and when we exfoliate, it is further sensitised. The result could mean increased pigmentation, which is best avoided.
Now would be the time to get that deep exfoliation going to achieve that smooth canvas, so that we can then concentrate on the next steps. Along with our range of Lotion P50s (Lotion P50, Lotion P50W, Lotion P50V and Lotion P50 PIGM400), we also have some other stronger exfoliators, which are more treatment based. This would mean that they are best applied for a short period of time, maybe 2 weeks, and then stopped for another 2 weeks. If you still haven’t achieved the results you were looking for, the treatment can then begin again for another 2 weeks, and so on … 2 treatment cycles usually provide the expected results, so 4 weeks is really what we’re expecting for this step.
- Lotion Alpha Kérato-Régulatrice is for those who can handle their acids. She is the queen of our acid range, but she is strong, and not to be taken lightly. This Lotion is great for a treatment period, to slough off dead skin rapidly, but also to remove shallow scarring.
- The Crème aux Acides de Fruits is a fruit acid-based cream, which is gentler than the Lotion Alpha Kérato-Régulatrice, but still packs quite a punch. Its actions are similar, but it’s not as aggressive, so it suits more skins.
- The Lotion MC110 n°1 is the weakest within this super-power family, but still not to be underestimated; its secret weapon is that it also energises and brightens, allowing the skin to regenerate faster and glow at the same time.
The focus should be on reconditioning the skin. Your skin has just gone through all of this deep exfoliation, so we now need to repair and recondition it. This can be done in various different ways, depending on your skin type, or as we call it, the “Skin Instant”.
- If you have quite a dry tendency to your skin, we would recommend the Crème Masque Vernix, which can be used as both a cream and/or a mask. This extremely nutritious and repairing product is our ultimate skin reconditioning warrior as it conditions and shields the skin at the same time.
- If you have an oily tendency to your skin, we need to make sure that we still recondition the skin, but we don’t want to overdo it. Oily tendency skins still need nourishment, but non-comedogenic ingredients are what we’re looking for. In this instance, we would usually recommend the Emulsion Originelle Régénérante. This emulsion is super hydrating, but doesn’t clog the pores, so it’s a perfect option for this Skin Instant.
- Let’s not forget the Masque Visolastines!! The Masque Visolastine E. is a beautiful clay mask which suits all Skin Instants; it’s hydrating, nourishing, non-clogging and cleans out pores; and is one of our most loved masks. The Masque Visolastine + is an unctuous and richer mask, which concentrates more on the nourishing and hydrating aspects, so it’s perfect for Skin Instants which don’t have oily tendencies.
Of course, there are many more Skin Instants, apart from just a dry tendency or just an oily tendency. So please feel free to complete our online consultation form or contact us to find out which skincare products will suit your skin concerns.
Let’s tackle those ageing concerns! At this point, the skin is now strong enough to be able to concentrate and perform on plumping, anti-wrinkling and lifting.
Serums and masks are mostly the best options for these skin concerns. Serums have smaller molecules, and therefore are able to penetrate the skin deeper and faster, providing a deeper and more long-term result. Masks, on the other hand, are the complete opposite, they are layered thickly on the skin for about 20 – 30 minutes and then removed, However, they provide instant gratifying results.
- For plumping the skin, our love goes to the Sérum Collagène Natif and the Sérum Matriciel Visage. Both of these serums are extremely plumping, however the difference between the two, is that the Sérum Matriciel Visage is packed with Hyaluronic Acid, so it’s also super hydrating. On the other hand, the Sérum Collagène Natif is packed with biological Collagen, which adds to the collagen we’ve lost, but it’s also great at tightening pores. Depending on your needs, you can pick your favourite!
- For smoothing out those wrinkles, we mostly reach for Sérum Elastine Pure or the Masque Crème Biofixine. The Sérum Elastine Pure is a magical anti-wrinkle serum which can be applied to both the eye area and the entire face, and suits all Skin Instants. The Masque Crème Biofixine, can be used as both a mask and/or a cream, and has an extreme instant smoothing effect, however, it isn’t for those who have an oily or more sensitised Skin Instant.
- For tightening and lifting the skin, our go-to's are the Biomagic Mask and the Sérum VG Tensil. The Biomagic Mask is filled with bentonite clay, which tightens, lifts and purifies the skin. We call this one, our “Red Carpet Mask” as the tightening effects are so powerful, that they last for 6 hours …. Ready for the Red Carpet! The Sérum VG Tensil is more of a long-term gradual result; it lifts and tightens the skin; however it has to be used on a daily basis for at least 1 month.
Let’s not forget that our eyes are the windows to our age, health and wellbeing so it’s so important to keep them bright, awake and glistening. We’re always hearing about puffiness, dark circles and wrinkles in the eye area, and we always recommend double action for the eye area. This means a serum as a base and an eye cream to boost properties, but also to seal everything in.
- For puffiness, we recommend this magic duo; the Sérum Placenta and the Crème Contour des Yeux Biosensible.
- For dark circles, we tackle them in 2 ways to really get the results we’re looking for; we energise and brighten the eye area with the Sérum Oligo-Protéines Marines, and we oxygenate with the Crème Contour des Yeux VIP O2.
- For a smoother and wrinkle-free eye area, we religiously follow these 2 steps; apply the Sérum Elastine Pure, and then layer it with the Crème Contour des Yeux et Lèvres Biofixine. This power couple will really fill in those wrinkles, work on the elastin and tighten at the same time.
- For a quick, easy and instant fix, the Patchs Défatigants are the way to go!
Making sure we seal everything in and have it stay that way! This last step is the “Fixative” to our skin. Just like getting your hair finished with wax or spray after seeing the stylist, we need to do the same for our skin. This is where the Finishing Sérums come in so useful! They are our golden products, packed with the highest quantity of active ingredients, they are the powerhouse of our range. We have 4 different Finishing Sérums which all have the same goals but are for various Skin Instants. During the lighter months, we also recommend that these can be used instead of creams, if you prefer a lighter consistency product on the skin.
Let’s not forget how important the skin on our body is! After being hidden away under layers of clothing, we want to be able to reveal a lustrous and taught skin.
Exfoliation on the body is just as important as it is on the face. So let’s start removing all that dead, dull skin, and reveal some glowing fresh skin!
There are two ways to exfoliate the body, the first is with manual exfoliation, and the second is with chemical exfoliation.
During the spring, whilst our skin is still not completely on show yet, we like to recommend to go hard during this month, by using both methods.
Hydration! Hydration! Hydration! Here again moisturising is key for a skin that both looks and feels soft and refreshed. The Emulsion Corps VIP O2 is an absolute winner in this category.
Don’t wait any longer to start prepping your skin for this exciting and long-awaited season!